Archive for October, 2010
Well, kinda atleast. I’ve noticed a few games where being submitted multiple times by the client. Hadn’t done anything much about it, had only one real incident – most of the times the multi submitted games only happened with guests who had zero of everything. Now that people are actually playing instead of just letting it load and then quiting, it has become a bit of an issue.
I went out for a quick a walk after starting to implement Mr. Shive’s awesome models, came back, and the top player was sitting on several gazzillion solaris. Amazed at his skill, I just thought I would check the db, to see how he managed it. Alas, the client had bugged out and submitted his last game about 15 times. D’oh. Trust a Redditor to break the system
So to fix the issue asap, I traced the problem and released a new version of the game. Hopefully it fixes it, if you do notice your games being submitted several times, please let me know. I’ve just cleaned the database out of all duplicate games – bit dangerous to do as I don’t want to alienate anyone, but I would rather have a nice fair system, without my glitchy code
I’ve noticed actually a lot of my games under the LamentConfig account had been duplicated a lot, after this purge my score has taken somewhat of a pounding – d’oh!lamentconfig
- Fixed multi-submits ( hopefully ) so no mega massive scores from one game, if you see a game of yours logged multiple times, please let me know.
- Fixed a small gap in the world where you could fall from.
It’s true! Honest! :) I’m sure they aren’t bots …lamentconfig
- Performed some optimisation on the mining laser to improve performance on older machines
- Change chance of a StorageTank being spawned to 100%
- Changed W key to be used as thrust, along with the space bar
- Added really tough rock to the bottom of the world to stop people falling out of it
- Added an APS module to your mole ( Asteroid Positioning System, points to the nearest Limar )
- Fixed pipe in player cabin to not stop in mid-air
- Added a guide to shop to explain what everything does
- Added animated camera to about screen